Blog don't Lie loves Houdini.
There is little to say, just make an admission about how much this brand has conquered us. Today we take the opportunity to tell you about their Wooler Houdi.
When Houdini's design team discovered the Wooler GridMerino fabric they told us they almost couldn't believe it was pure wool. The fabric has a technical quality and precision rarely seen in 100% wool fabrics.
The fabric is produced by Reda in northern Italy and the wool is ZQ 17.5µm certified superfine New Zealand merino. Reda owns the entire production chain, from the farm to the finished fabric. This ensures full control of working conditions and animal welfare.
The grid structure of the fabric facilitates airflow and creates an air layer. This means the fabric gets warmer when you wear it under a jacket and breathes better when worn on its own. The cut is based on Houdini's iconic Power Houdini, with a high collar, hood and two hand pockets. Thanks to the pure material, the fabric is completely circular: Renewable and biodegradable.
If you're looking for a versatile thin midlayer for any type of adventure and for use across all seasons, the Wooler Houdi is a great option. We guarantee it, it's exceptional.
A good alternative to fleece made from synthetic materials.
Come al solito il brand Svedese ci guida in toto anche su come lavare e preservare i loro capi.
La lana è un materiale fantastico con resistenza naturale ai batteri e allo sporco. Pertanto, la lana non ha bisogno di essere lavata dopo ogni utilizzo (ci suggeriscono).
I lavaggi frequenti hanno un effetto negativo sulle proprietà della lana e consumano inutilmente il capo. Invece, arieggi i tuoi capi di lana per ridurre il consumo di acqua, risparmiare energia e far durare più a lungo i tuoi capi.
Try to follow these little tips:
- Use a laundry bag to protect your clothes.
- Delicate machine wash at max 30 degrees, preferably with a wool programme.
- Use wool detergent if you can. Otherwise, use delicate and environmentally certified detergents and make sure you use the right amount.Choose a neutral pH detergent without enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that increase the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase as these can break down wool, which give this material its natural performance properties. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid fabric softener. As well as being harmful to our environment, they have a negative impact on the performance of the garment, mainly on moisture transport and breathability.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Shape the garment after washing and hang it out to dry.
- Wool is a natural, living material that can be formed with relative ease. Therefore, store your woolen items folded and not on a hanger to prevent your garments from losing shape.
The circular label indicates that this product is made from recycled and recyclable or renewable and biodegradable fibers. Most products in today's society are made in a linear life cycle, where the earth's resources are extracted, used, and then discarded.
This doesn't work in the long run and has a big environmental impact. Instead, Houdini wants to close the loop and reuse the material he already has.
But we need everyone's help.
We are waiting for you in the shop to tell you more about Houdini sportwear and visit our e-commerce to see all the items.